Dreams

Started by Slim, June 04, 2022, 12:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

I stroll into a record shop and immediately I see an absolutely pristine, original triple-gatefold vinyl copy of All The World's A Stage. It looks brand new. There's a small queue at the counter and as I make my way there I look for my debit card .. can't find it. Then I do find it. Then I wake up.

When I got round to buying a legit copy of All The World's A Stage back in 1978 or so, the original import triple-gatefold sleeve version was long sold out. So I had to make do with the UK release, which only had a double gatefold sleeve. Since then I have tracked down a couple of triple-gatefold copies, one on Mercury which I acquired in the '90s, the other on Anthem that I found on eBay about ten years ago.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on May 22, 2023, 09:12:44 AMI stroll into a record shop and immediately I see an absolutely pristine, original triple-gatefold vinyl copy of All The World's A Stage. It looks brand new. There's a small queue at the counter and as I make my way there I look for my debit card .. can't find it. Then I do find it. Then I wake up.

When I got round to buying a legit copy of All The World's A Stage back in 1978 or so, the original import triple-gatefold sleeve version was long sold out. So I had to make do with the UK release, which only had a double gatefold sleeve. Since then I have tracked down a couple of triple-gatefold copies, one on Mercury which I acquired in the '90s, the other on Anthem that I found on eBay about ten years ago.

A tri-fold ATWAS was the holy grail for me too. I got a decent one a couple of years ago.

Nickslikk2112

I can actually remember a dream from last night. I was out seeing Rush, not in an arena, but a leisure centre sport's hall, which is by-the-by but it's where I was.

I'm about three rows away from Lerxst and he's launched into a guitar solo where he's extemporising on various Christmas Carols. This makes me laugh - yes, it's a dream - and I start singing along. Lerxst sees me and starts to encourage me, because I'm the only person who's recognising what he's doing. I'm belting out the words to "See amid the Winter's Snow" and I look round and see the likes of Neph, Gebs and Dave Ogg who are obviously recording the show and they're simultaneously looking daggers and grinning like loons at me. Next minute it's morphed into one of my regular needing a piss and finding that all the urinals are overflowing dreams. So I get up for a tiddle...

Slim

I woke up from a long, strange dream this morning but can only remember the last couple of minutes now, which had nothing to do with the rest of the dream.

I'm with Al Murray, the pub landlord. We're at some dockside somewhere and we're supposed to be on a ship. Somehow we manage to climb up the side of the hull and over the railings. We walk along the deck. There's a small cabin on the deck near the aft of the ship. Inside are several men in black uniforms with caps. One of them is no older than 18, but he's smoking a foot long cigar.

I realise that it's a Norwegian Navy vessel, and we're on the wrong ship. But at that moment the ship takes off from its mooring like a speedboat. I jump over the side to swim back ashore.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

I woke at 6AM this morning and dozed in and out of a series of vivid dreams for the next couple of hours. As usual I can't remember them now but one of them was a recurring dream in which I'm working for some large company, but I'm not sure what my job is .. almost like I'm an impostor there. In this dream sometimes I go to the staff restaurant though I didn't this time.

I do remember sitting at a computer workstation and discerning that it was a very old OS .. I think that must relate to my time at RR.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

I'm at some sort of fan event with Sea Power. It's in some sort of run down area of Hartlepool in a big yard. The band are there and they're handing out food on paper plates.

I'm in a restaurant and at a table to the right and behind me there are two attractive women, both dark-haired, one a little chubbier than the other, both wearing elegant black dresses. One of them announces that they're getting married. I start to clap, hoping that the rest of the clientele will join in (which they do).

I also had some sort of dream in which I'd been living with a woman in a flat somewhere and one of us has to go and live in a different town for work .. actually I think it was somehow tied in to the Sea Power dream but I can't remember it properly now.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

I don't visit this thread very often as it could easily take up so much of my time. My dreaming is troublesome. Very regularly paranoid, neurotic stuff that is so vivid and which I can usually recollect. I've started to read about REM sleep and the causes of vivid dreams. I'm convinced it must be some type of nocturnal chemical imbalance but I doubt very much if my GP would find it a cause for concern. There are people who are frequent visitors to my dreams but whom I rarely think of in my waking life, let alone discuss them with anyone, and they're people I'm very unlikely to ever meet again as they are in the main former colleagues. I enjoy the occasional Rush appearance and will continue to report those.

Matt2112

With bank holiday weekend shenanigans putting my sleeping patterns out of sync I just knew I'd have some kind of fitful-sleep-induced-anxiety-dream the night before going back to work, and so it proved.

I was in an unfamiliar town and casually mentioned to a young local who looked like a far left activist something about my stance on the raging trans debate - I can't remember exactly what I said, but it was literally one sentence referring to biological facts.

Before I knew it, I was being hounded by an ever increasing number of people not just vehemently disagreeing with me, but threatening physical harm, so I ran off to seek refuge. But I was discovered, so had to find another place to hide. And so the cycle continued.

No matter how good I thought my hiding place I was always tracked down. It got to the point where the dream felt deeply sinister and unpleasant, to the point it could be fairly be categorised as a nightmare.

I'm pretty sure this came about partly as a consequence of other major personal things happening at the moment which aren't actually "bad things" as such, just transformative.

All will be revealed when things are "sorted", but I expect more quite vivid (and hopefully far more pleasant) dreams in the meantime.

David L

Quote from: Matt2112 on August 29, 2023, 08:14:23 PMWith bank holiday weekend shenanigans putting my sleeping patterns out of sync I just knew I'd have some kind of fitful-sleep-induced-anxiety-dream the night before going back to work, and so it proved.

I was in an unfamiliar town and casually mentioned to a young local who looked like a far left activist something about my stance on the raging trans debate - I can't remember exactly what I said, but it was literally one sentence referring to biological facts.

Before I knew it, I was being hounded by an ever increasing number of people not just vehemently disagreeing with me, but threatening physical harm, so I ran off to seek refuge. But I was discovered, so had to find another place to hide. And so the cycle continued.

No matter how good I thought my hiding place I was always tracked down. It got to the point where the dream felt deeply sinister and unpleasant, to the point it could be fairly be categorised as a nightmare.

I'm pretty sure this came about partly as a consequence of other major personal things happening at the moment which aren't actually "bad things" as such, just transformative.

All will be revealed when things are "sorted", but I expect more quite vivid (and hopefully far more pleasant) dreams in the meantime.
That's precognition

Slim

I very often dream about a particular ex-girlfriend, or I could say ex-partner - we had a joint bank account and a mortgage. But a girl I dated in 1992/93 made an appearance last night, or early this morning. She was called Julie. I think that's a first, certainly in recent years anyway.

She was an absolutely delectable 25 year old woman. Unbelievably fit and vivacious. She had the body of an elite athlete and the personality of a teenager. She worked in the company library and I never would have approached her, except that she discreetly approached my boss at the time to ask if I was single. Which I wasn't, I was in a relationship with someone. But that was very easily fixed.

Anyway - long story short it went complicated quite quickly and I became entangled as the Other Man in a (bizarre) love triangle. I hated myself for sharing her with someone else but I've never been so powerfully, chemically infatuated with anyone, before or since.

So anyway last night I dreamed that I was at home in Hartlepool. I think it was Christmas. She lived in (or was visiting) a house on the other side of the road, and she just walked over and came through the front door. I think she hugged me but the dream has pretty much faded now.

I should start a memoir section.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Night after night dreams of work with random ex colleagues. Really frustrating. I don't miss work at all. Maybe that's at the root of it.

Matt2112

An anxiety dream with a coprophobic theme and featuring the top boss at my new work place.

Basically, I had, let's say, followed through into my undies and trousers so I went into the toilet to try and clean them up.  But the more I tried the more the poo seemed to stick.

Then the boss (who looked exactly as in real life) came in with a few other colleagues (who didn't); obviously I felt mortified but, bizarrely, while still trying to get my pants clean they all just casually discussed work stuff with me as if nothing unusual or embarrassing was happening.  And that was it.

The new job is going fine, just for the record, but obviously I'm keen to make a good first impression; I'm certain that was manifest here.

Slim

Quite an affecting one early this morning. I was at my grandparents' place in Hartlepool. It was Christmas, again. My three cousins from that side of the family were there, but my grandparents weren't. There was a lot more to it than that but I can't remember it now.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Strangely, last night was mostly sport-related.
I remember I was playing cricket, under a marquee, and putting in a great innings with the bat.
I was also skateboarding with Russell Brand (he was probably trying to get a break from his current predicament)

Slim

Strange dream yesterday morning. I was at some sort of reunion, maybe a work reunion of some sort, maybe a school reunion .. maybe not a reunion at all, it was vague. I was smartly dressed in a blazer or possibly a suit, with a blue open neck shirt.

It's dark and we start to filter outside, to take a coach, or to walk along a long drive. We're at a big house, like a mansion. Andy Price (latterly of TNMS) is there for some reason.

I hear music playing. It's Georgie Fame and he's singon a tune that has a refrain "belong to the moon" that's a sort of vocal pentatonic bebop riff. I made a note of it when I woke up, it's actually quite a nice little riff.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan