Dreams

Started by Slim, June 04, 2022, 12:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Had a dream recently that seemed to turn "lucid", i.e. I suddenly felt in total control of how it was playing out.

I was walking hand-in-hand with my daughter in a strange and unfamiliar city, trying to navigate a way out, continually frustrated at finding only dead ends, as if in a maze.

To add to my frustration, I was aware of being tracked by a hoodie-clad group of maybe half a dozen youths, always on the periphery of my vision, sometimes walking in close to me and constantly passively-aggressively trying to intimidate me.

Eventually, my patience snapped and that seemed to break the spell; the dream suddenly seemed lucid and I felt like I was in control: I stopped walking, abruptly turned round to confront a youth to my side and said, firmly, "Mate, do us a favour and stop getting in me face, yeah?"

The youth didn't seem to expect my show of force and looked completely taken aback, at which point he and his equally undesirable companions slunk away and I woke up.

The Picnic Wasp

I've felt that sense of being able to guide dream direction recently. I don't know why. Maybe it has something to do with the Glasgow Scale. Many of my dreams are very troubling. I wouldn't post them here.

Fishy

The over riding themes of my dreams often include
Being able to fly
Finding Money
Being Chased
Sitting Exams
Going to a gig then being being told you have to fill in for the the band
Dreaming songs..original ones with lyrics which when dreaming them sound like the most wonderful songs I've ever heard
Loose teeth
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

Awful dream last night. I was back in Hartlepool, in one of the bedrooms at the back of my mum's house that overlooks a neighbour's house. When I was a teenager two similarly-aged sisters lived there with their parents.

I was somehow in the secret service, and I had to shoot one of them. I didn't want to but I was under firm orders. I'd been given this gun - an old-fashioned, silenced submachine gun - and I was supposed to wait at the window until she appeared, then shoot.

I did shoot at her when she appeared but I missed, and next thing I know she's in the room with me. I'm under strict orders to kill her so I start to strangle her. But I can't do it, so I stop. Then I woke up. So disturbing.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

I experienced what I believe is known in Rush-lyric parlance as a "fitful sleep". In the early hours I had a version of a recurring dream in which I'm at work, in a company office somewhere. This time I was sitting at a large table similar to a dining table, next to a school friend I've mine who I haven't seen since the late '70s, Andrew "Lambo" Lambson.

About a year ago someone told me that Lambo had died, I suppose that has something to do with it.

Then later I dreamed that I'd got up, come down to my study, and found both monitors missing from my desk. Most of my guitars were missing as well. Curiously, my best PRS was still present (in real life I don't keep it in there anyway). I examined the window, it had been broken into.

Very happy to wake up out of that one.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

Was strapped to a missile in the Ukraine, incredible acceleration as it took off, looking down was a scene from the English countryside with a nice old church.At the peak of the climb I closed my eyes as the rocket descended, woke up before the impact/explosion.

David L

Quote from: Nick on October 30, 2022, 07:33:37 AMWas strapped to a missile in the Ukraine, incredible acceleration as it took off, looking down was a scene from the English countryside with a nice old church.At the peak of the climb I closed my eyes as the rocket descended, woke up before the impact/explosion.
Been listening to Distant Early Warning?  ;D

Slim

I dreamed I was at a gig. Janick Gers had put together a version of White Spirit, the Hartlepool band he played in over 40 years ago. It was a tiny place, like a village community centre. The audience consisted of people sitting politely in three or four rows of plastic chairs. It was the middle of the day, with bright light coming through the windows.

I was sitting in the front row. Janick was talking to the audience while the band were playing. It was all very quiet and low key. He recognised me from the days when I used to go to White Spirit gigs and talk to him in pubs. He came down off the tiny stage, rested his chin on my shoulder and kissed me on the cheek.

Later I dreamed I was at another gig, again a really small place but this time everyone was standing. I can't remember anything about the gig except that there were two guitar players. Steve Lukather and Wayne Rooney. Wayne was playing a Fender Jazzmaster.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

I had a dream about watching the Open Golf on TV *Shudders*

Matt2112

One from the other night:

I witnessed a murder (but strangely it wasn't graphic or disturbing as such) and was arrested on suspicion of committing it.

I was taken to some kind of holding room, where a sort of metal trolley was wheeled in and I was handcuffed to it.  The room was full of seats, all occupied by friends and others who were there to advocate for my innocence and offer moral support - including Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson.

After a short while, a police officer came in, released me from the handcuffs and declared I was free to go.

My companions erupted into cheers and applause, and when it subsided Alex said, "Well I thought he was guilty!"

Hearty guffaws then filled the room and the dream ended.

Slim

I woke up at 0730 this morning. Didn't really want to get up too early so I drifted in and out of sleep for a couple of hours.

I dreamed that I saw David Lammy using a mobile phone while riding a bicycle. Then I dreamed that I bought another guitar second-hand. When I got it home, I noticed that someone had written something on the scratchplate using a marker pen. And two of the locking tuner knobs were missing.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Very vivid dream early this morning. I was in a huge hangar at NASA, with a Space Shuttle in it. There's scaffolding all over the Shuttle and a walkway leading to an open door on the side.

I'm invited to go in. It's a double door, like an air lock. Inside it's like a busy office with all sorts of scientific equipment in racks - I think this was a sort of flashback to the year I worked for ICI as a student, some of the offices and labs had stuff like that.

I mislay my glasses somewhere in there so I wander around looking for them. A young NASA lady comes up to me and politely reminds me that I'm not supposed to go nosing around in there on my own.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

captainkurtz

I don't remember any dreams when I wake.  I sleep really badly too, typically awakening around 3am and tossing turning for an hour before falling asleep and then getting up at 6.

I'm asleep at the dinner table 5 minutes after eating as well.  Must get better sleeping habits.

Nick

Quote from: captainkurtz on November 23, 2022, 05:14:25 PMI don't remember any dreams when I wake.  I sleep really badly too, typically awakening around 3am and tossing turning for an hour before falling asleep and then getting up at 6.

I'm asleep at the dinner table 5 minutes after eating as well.  Must get better sleeping habits.

Similar here, I wake throughout the night (don't consider it a problem) and again like the Captain ready for bed after the evening meal.

Nickslikk2112

I have plenty of dreams. Mostly mundane and not worth reporting, occasionally so strange that I can't put them into words.

I do have a recurring dream where I need a crap and I'm faced with a series of traps which are all unusable: One will have shit smeared over the handle, the next will be full to the brim with turds, the nest will have a pebble-dashed seat etc. etc. I then wake up to brown sheets...