What's made you grumpy today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captainkurtz

I had a lance armstrong wannabe berate me severely after I had stopped to allow an old gentleman to cross the road with his dog.  He went mental directly outside my house at about 8am last Saturday before taking off...of course I had to drive up to him and stop him whereupon he leaned his horrible helmeted head into my window all sweaty and red and telling me I had stopped to put my seatbelt on. 

Thing is, he couldn't see the old man as he was obscured by a parked car - there's a chance he could have taken him out id id not stopped.

There's just as many arseholes riding bikes as there is driving cars - but cyclists just seem that much more sanctimonious.  Prick.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: captainkurtz on May 01, 2024, 11:35:06 AMThere's just as many arseholes riding bikes as there is driving cars - but cyclists just seem that much more sanctimonious.  Prick.
As a cyclist, I know for a fact that there are more arseholes driving cars. When I'm a driver I know for a fact that there are more arseholes driving cars. Horse riders tend to be arseholes too.

Of course cyclists are sanctimonious, we're better for the environment :) Drivists have much more of a tendency to be Psycopathic.

captainkurtz

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on May 01, 2024, 02:43:03 PM
Quote from: captainkurtz on May 01, 2024, 11:35:06 AMThere's just as many arseholes riding bikes as there is driving cars - but cyclists just seem that much more sanctimonious.  Prick.
As a cyclist, I know for a fact that there are more arseholes driving cars. When I'm a driver I know for a fact that there are more arseholes driving cars. Horse riders tend to be arseholes too.

Of course cyclists are sanctimonious, we're better for the environment :) Drivists have much more of a tendency to be Psycopathic.
Well there's more people driving cars on the road than there are riding bikes, so there probably is more...

Thenop

Last time I scraped one off my bumper he didn't have much to say. Shame really, seemed like a nice chap, just got in the way.

That's how us drivers roll you know.

Thenop

It was actually yesterday, I'd ordered a new bag. A essenger leather one, and a nice on at that. The stitching on the lining for the old one has come loose so I kept on going in there trying to find stuff that felt as it it disappeared, most annoying. I use it everyday, carrying around my laptop, food, etc, so I really need one.
Went online, found a great shop over here, it looked superb and ordered one I liked.
Had to give them a nudge yesterday to update me on shipping. While the site said they had 2 in stock, it turns out they had none, and their supplier only had a returned on that had the stitching come loose.
Admittedly, they said they'd pay me back (not received yet) but the tone used was just so, I don't know, as if they really had zero interest in dealing with customers. And I am Dutch, we have the worst customer service in the world, rude and all, but this was just stupid.

pxr5

I stopped at a Zebra the other day to let some pedestrians cross only to be passed by 4 cyclists, 2 on either side of me and oblivious to anything around them. Cocks.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on May 01, 2024, 06:07:56 PM

Last time I scraped one off my bumper he didn't have much to say. Shame really, seemed like a nice chap, just got in the way.

That's how us drivers roll you know.
Yes. Complete and utter psyhcopathic bastards >:(

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: pxr5 on May 01, 2024, 06:22:01 PMI stopped at a Zebra the other day to let some pedestrians cross only to be passed by 4 cyclists, 2 on either side of me and oblivious to anything around them. Cocks.
I stopped at a red light at roadworks the other day. Two cars behind me came by and went through. Does that make all drivers cocks? No, just 95% of them. Probably because at least 95% of people today are self obsessed arrogant/ignorant twats with no thought about anyone but themselves.

I'd recommend that all road users, from pedestrians to HGV drivers read the Highway Code, it contains all sorts of useful advice - plenty of which is based on law - to help keep you safe and reduce confrontation :)