50 Genuinely Horrible Albums by Brilliant Artists

Started by pdw1, February 17, 2023, 09:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Struggling to think of non-Rush albums that are awful, and not on the list.

In Through The Out Door, maybe? Definitely was a poor effort. There isn't a single Zep tune on there that I particularly like and overall it just feels flaccid.

Tormato, definitely. Huge disappointment.

The post-Waters Floyd albums perhaps, though I've never been interested in them and don't know them well.

Obviously there are loads of really bad records out there, every Five Finger Death Punch or Dream Theater album, for example. But you'd expect those ones to be rubbish.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on February 20, 2023, 04:19:19 PMStruggling to think of non-Rush albums that are awful, and not on the list.

In Through The Out Door, maybe? Definitely was a poor effort. There isn't a single Zep tune on there that I particularly like and overall it just feels flaccid.

I've a bit of a soft spot for All My Love

Fishy

Todd Rundgren Space Force .  hate to say it but it's fucking awful.. would also agree Tormato is pants
From The Land of Honest Men

Matt2112

Just remembered I do have Union by Yes.

Most of the songs are actually okay but the idea to mix the distinctive styles of both the "classic" and "modern" line-ups and expecting a coherent album to come from it was disastrous.

Ali

I have 5 of these:

Genesis, Aerosmith, Cheap Trick, Sabbath and Yes...all of which warrant a bit of merit (a bit surprised ELP's Love Beach didn't make the list for it's legendary sleeve alone 😂)

David L

The only one I've got is The Elder. Compared to some Kiss songs, a couple on there are far superior. They've recorded plenty of dross in their time