IT Homelab

Started by Fishy, August 29, 2022, 12:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

Ditched the Debian snap subsonic install and tried a conventional Ubuntu Java/ subsonic install and it worked no probs.. also moved my media box from windows/ air video to Ubuntu / Jellyfin media server.. all working well with a smaller footprint..
I think Ubuntu is my favourite Linux flavour at the mo but still got my raspberry pis doing pi hole dns and uptime kuma monitoring.. I know I'm only scratching the surface but getting to grips a bit more with Linux
From The Land of Honest Men

Fishy

Good to see the vpn back to home is working well.. music streaming from the new Linux box is spot on

pxr5

^ Same here (I'm in a cottage in the Cotswolds). Airsonic is working well as is Jellyfin - we are watching the TV Show: Interview with a Vampire from my home server (I took a Firestick with me, but the TV in the cottage is an LG so I could have out Jellyfin on that). The broadband here is crap though, 11 mbps, but it steams 1080p just fine. I'm also trying Tailscale which is great too, but needs to be installed on the Host and Client - so it's on my music NAS and phone.

I'm also watching our house through a Hikvision CCTV system and a Blink doorbell camera. Also a few cheapy cameras secreted around the house inside.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

I got Blueiris setup for my cams.. moved over from xpenology which worked ok but Blueiris has a ton more functionality..