Holidays 2023

Started by Nick, December 30, 2022, 09:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Pudders

We were in Lanzarote for the 3 weeks 29 March - 19 April. Looks like we missed a few folk! Been going for almost 40 years, mostly staying in or close to Playa Blanca in the south, which has grown massively in that time! Mrs P's symptoms are less of an issue out there as well, a real bonus.

Also have 2 weeks cat sitting at a friends house in a French village called Flers...which just happens to be in the middle of the Somme battlefield (Mrs P can't wait, probably!). Tacked a couple of days on in Ypres at the end of that as well...

Red Lenses

Back to Lanzarote (Puerto del Carmen) on the 25th of this month for 2 weeks, plan to do nothing but lie beside the pool reading books and soaking up the sunshine.

Thenop

Off for a week, going to the east of the Netherlands on Monday in a cabin with the clear intent to avoid seeing people. Well except for my wife that is, it would be weird going and then not seeing her...

Nickslikk2112

No real holiday as such, but a few short breaks lined up:

A Weekend in Glasgae for the Men's Elite Road Race Cycling World Championships in early August
A gourmet weekend in Lancashire in late August
And to balance the previous, a gourmet weekend in Yorkshire in late October.

Matt2112

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on June 16, 2023, 09:20:12 PMNo real holiday as such, but a few short breaks lined up:

A Weekend in Glasgae for the Men's Elite Road Race Cycling World Championships in early August
A gourmet weekend in Lancashire in late August
And to balance the previous, a gourmet weekend in Yorkshire in late October.

Saving the best location until last there, Mr Sims. :)

Would you disclose whereabouts in Yorkshire though?  It's a big place of course, with more people than Scotland. 😉

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Matt2112 on June 17, 2023, 03:49:34 AMWould you disclose whereabouts in Yorkshire though?  It's a big place of course, with more people than Scotland. 😉

Across the Road from Byland Abbey, at the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors.

Ah, yes, Yorkshire and Scotland, two beautiful places which would be much improved by the removal of their inhabitants, well balanced people who have a chip on both shoulders ;)

I wonder why I have no friends...

David L

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on June 17, 2023, 10:58:21 AM
Quote from: Matt2112 on June 17, 2023, 03:49:34 AMWould you disclose whereabouts in Yorkshire though?  It's a big place of course, with more people than Scotland. 😉

Across the Road from Byland Abbey, at the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors.

Whitby and its surrounds are favourites of ours

Fishy

Off glamping in Mull tomorrow
From The Land of Honest Men

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: David L on June 17, 2023, 01:23:42 PMWhitby and its surrounds are favourites of ours
We had a week in Whitby every year bar one from 2003 to 2016. It's fair to say we like the place. I used to come back covered in batter though after all the fish and chips I ate.

David L

We are on holiday! Set off from home yesterday in the motorhome for our mid-summer break. We are heading back to Whitstable on the north Kent coast.
First, though, we are in Brighton for a couple of nights. We are both unfamiliar with the town. On arrival at the club site (East Brighton Park) and after setting-up and a brief snooze, we hopped on the bikes to explore.
We rode along the front to Hove to visit The Watchmaker's Arms, a micropub close to Hove station. What a gem! I tried a few halves of cask and one keg beer. Stand out was Shangri-la by Arbor. Met an interesting guy, Tony, who designed show lighting. He'd worked with a lot of bands but was too discrete to dish the dirt!
After a couple of very pleasant hours we cycled back to Brighton and were fortunate to secure the last available (window) seats at a very busy little Mexican restaurant called Hallisco on Preston Street. The tacos were lovely.
Point of note, the wife tried a couple of pale ales.....and enjoyed them!
The weather is not meant to be too clever today so may get the bus to town. I think we'll be mooching around the Lanes. Might go on the pier and re-live my childhood by riding the Wild Mouse!
Off up to Whitstable on Saturday for eight nights

Slim

Quote from: David L on July 14, 2023, 09:22:17 AMWe are on holiday!

Have a lovely time! We're off to Scotland in a few weeks.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Off to Majorca in four weeks. Hope the heatwave hangs about...
From The Land of Honest Men

captainkurtz

Minorca end of august
Lisbon end of October

David L

Quote from: captainkurtz on July 18, 2023, 05:53:18 PMMinorca end of august
Lisbon end of October

We've booked to go to Ciutadella in Menorca for 11 nights in September. First time on the island, looking forward to it