Envy of None: New Album Review

Started by Slim, March 11, 2022, 01:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Quote from: David L on April 10, 2022, 08:31:57 AM
Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on April 09, 2022, 11:47:03 PMBeing as there's been so much positivity about this and being as I had some Amazon vouchers I have ordered a vinyl copy. What is there to lose?
Just checked - £25  ;)

And a bit of audio fidelity.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

Pudders

Well, I really like it! I suppose that, without the Rush connection it would have passed me by but I'm glad it didn't. I'm not entirely sure what I expected this to sound like but, whatever it was, it's nothing like it and all the better for that  :)

Jonners

bit wishy washy for my liking, and they dont seem to know how to end a song properly

Slim

That's an interesting point Jonners, a lot of Rush tunes had a beginning, middle and end and most reached a natural conclusion, even if they faded out.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

captainkurtz

It's ok, not terrible but not something I feel warrants multiple listens.  I suppose it's biggest strength and weakness is that it sounds nothing like Rush. As others have said, Alex's presence is quite hard to decipher.

Reminds me a little of How to Destroy Angels - Trent Reznors project with his Wife.  Maybe a little bit of Curve from the early 90's.  Not as good as either, though.

Matt2112

Had a listen through some of the tracks via YouTube. 

First impressions not great.  :-\ 

pxr5

This is now on YT music. I'll be giving this a spin over the next few days.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

pxr5

Played it twice now. It makes nice background music but nothing exciting and won't warrant many replays on my part. Not awful though.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

Quote from: Jonners on April 12, 2022, 09:51:59 AMbit wishy washy for my liking, and they dont seem to know how to end a song properly

How's the proper way to end a song ??always hated fade outs.. always seemed very lazy to me.. you go thru the hard work of writing a song but don't put in the extra little bit of effort to end the song ( but not in a lazy fade out kinda way)
From The Land of Honest Men