COVID-19

Started by Slim, March 12, 2022, 11:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Managed to stay out of bed for four hours or so yesterday. Woke up in a shocking sweat at 2:30 in the morning, got up to go to the loo and had to get back into a damp bed :-\

Felt a bit better after that though. Just got up again. Still feel very rough but better than yesterday. I've only eaten two slices of toast in the last 46 hours. But I shall attempt a yoghurt shortly.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

That sounds worse than I would have hoped after a couple of days considering the vaccinations. Maybe better I catch this now at long last before some Autumn / Winter variant flexes its spikes. Very few mask wearers in the shops this morning and even Waitrose's sanitiser dispenser seems to have dried up.

Slim

It's really not that bad. It's tiring more than anything else, and the headache can be treated with paracetamol. I probably should have taken more paracetamol than I have (two) but I just don't like to take medication if I can avoid it.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Started feeling unwell at work yesterday and went home early.

Had a sleepless night twisting and turning and today I feel shocking; feeble all over with a horrible, phlegmy throat and runny nose.

LFT shows the darkest line against the "T" I've ever seen.

This is not nice at all. 😟

The Picnic Wasp

Man, two people from this one group down at the same time. It must still be quite rife. Hope you recover soon Matt.

Slim

Get well soon Matt, I think I'm getting over it now. Just feeling a bit weak, very low on mojo. Only a faint trace of a headache.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Matt2112 on September 14, 2022, 06:07:55 PMStarted feeling unwell at work yesterday and went home early.

Had a sleepless night twisting and turning and today I feel shocking; feeble all over with a horrible, phlegmy throat and runny nose.

LFT shows the darkest line against the "T" I've ever seen.

This is not nice at all. 😟
Another week and you'll feel OK...

David L

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on September 14, 2022, 09:42:42 PMAnother week and you'll feel OK...
Another jab and you'll feel invincible  ;)

captainkurtz

Take care both.  I got it at the absolutely worst time of my working year - I just couldn't take any time off and was still out every day (luckily, my job is reasonably solitary).  Wasn't great, but got through it. 

pdw1

Hope you both feel better soon.

pxr5

Yes, best wishes to you both.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

Well on the mend now. Got up at 0945 and managed a bit of light cycling. Still getting coughing fits and feel a bit beat up but 300% better than Tuesday.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Quote from: Slim on September 15, 2022, 05:29:02 PMWell on the mend now. Got up at 0945 and managed a bit of light cycling. Still getting coughing fits and feel a bit beat up but 300% better than Tuesday.

Good to hear - hopefully I'm not too far behind on my progress.

The only "positive" I've had so far is about half a stone of weight loss.  :-\

Slim

Same here, I lost about 8 pounds. Partly from not eating, partly because fighting a fever burns calories. I did put a few pounds on during my hols earlier in the month from drinking and eating cooked breakfasts every day though so I'm pleased about that.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Glad to hear you are both on the mend.

I used to get at least two or three fairly substantial colds a year. Not bad enough to take time of work but enough to feel a bit poorly for a couple of days.
A bit weird that since getting Covid in March 2020, I don't recall getting a cold. It may be the case that getting the virus 'supercharged' my natural immunity. The only other factor that might be coming into play is that, for about the last eighteen months, I've been regularly taking Manuka honey and eating sourdough bread. That has more or less eradicated some persistent gastric issues but may have boosted my immunity too  :-\