What's made your day today?

Started by pxr5, February 25, 2022, 02:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

David L

Decs down yesterday here

captainkurtz

No decs at all for us this year.  And a truly shit NYE as well, I must say.  A fitting end to a crap year.

dom

Quote from: David L on January 03, 2024, 01:32:30 PMThe fact that this was in The Guardian!

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/nils-pratley-on-finance/2024/jan/02/dont-rise-to-the-brexit-bait-wetherspoons-boss-tim-martin-deserves-gong

Finally!  A realisation that The Guardian is far more objective than say The Telegraph. A challenge for you David.  To cease from sharing tripe from The Express, until you find an article in it praising the EU!

David L

Quote from: dom on January 03, 2024, 01:52:22 PM
Quote from: David L on January 03, 2024, 01:32:30 PMThe fact that this was in The Guardian!

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/nils-pratley-on-finance/2024/jan/02/dont-rise-to-the-brexit-bait-wetherspoons-boss-tim-martin-deserves-gong

Finally!  A realisation that The Guardian is far more objective than say The Telegraph. A challenge for you David.  To cease from sharing tripe from The Express, until you find an article in it praising the EU!
A nerve has been hit  ;)

dom

Quote from: David L on January 03, 2024, 02:54:13 PM

A nerve has been hit  ;)

Thought so!

Slim

Might as well claim that the Guardian isn't objective until you can show that they support the BNP; not realistic.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: dom on January 03, 2024, 03:01:31 PM
Quote from: David L on January 03, 2024, 02:54:13 PM

A nerve has been hit  ;)

Thought so!
I can sympathise - it's nearly all one-way traffic at the moment. Remöaners crying into their schnapps. It can't possibly be the catastrophe they predicted....not now  ;D  ;)

dom

Quote from: Slim on January 03, 2024, 03:26:46 PM

Might as well claim that the Guardian isn't objective until you can show that they support the BNP; not realistic.

I think an article supporting Tim Martin comes pretty close tbh! Even though to equate the BNP with the EU is pretty ridiculous

Slim

Yes, some might argue that the EU has caused substantially more harm. But I would ask contributors to kindly explore that question in the politics section, should they wish to explore it at all.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

The furore that's blown up after the dramatisation of the Horizon scandal (Mr Bates vs The Post Office).

Yet another case of corporate incompetence, arrogance and complete and utter contempt for the little man.

As is so often the case, government ministers were complicit in the cover-up (looking at you, Ed Davey) - probably driven by the vast cost of putting things right by the multitude of innocent people that suffered miscarriages of justice.

Finally, it looks like we might get some accountability for the dreadful treatment of hundreds, if not thousands  of good people at the hands of The Post Office, a multinational technology company and a government who chose to look the other way.

God bless that hero of a man, Alan Bates, for trying on that tin-foil hat all those years ago

The Picnic Wasp

My sister not being seriously injured after slipping on the icy stairs outside my house yesterday morning. She's one of life's stoic people, so to witness her still unable to move today and in so much pain was really frightening. I have to hand it to the NHS though. Their virtual consultation process was excellent as she couldn't have sat for minutes, let alone hours in A&E. I was worse than useless as it was too bright to drive yesterday.

David L

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on January 08, 2024, 06:39:37 PMMy sister not being seriously injured after slipping on the icy stairs outside my house yesterday morning. She's one of life's stoic people, so to witness her still unable to move today and in so much pain was really frightening. I have to hand it to the NHS though. Their virtual consultation process was excellent as she couldn't have sat for minutes, let alone hours in A&E. I was worse than useless as it was too bright to drive yesterday.
I hope she recovers quickly

R6GYY

A coffee tool I ordered from AliExpress at 20:07 on January 1st, 2024 arrived this morning (Jan 8th) - so less than 1 calendar week to get here from China.

That is pretty quick!