This is Ukraine - Do not Panic.

Started by Rufus_the_dawg, February 24, 2022, 05:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dom

Perhaps this is fake news and hopefully it won't be the case for much longer but apparently, at the moment, there are more Russian Oligarchs living in the UK than Ukranian refugees.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: dom on March 07, 2022, 09:09:57 PMPerhaps this is fake news and hopefully it won't be the case for much longer but apparently, at the moment, there are more Russian Oligarchs living in the UK than Ukranian refugees.
Good. They've got more money  :)

(For the moment..)

Nick

Putin should just say he's accomplished all his goals and withdraw. It's the only get out he has.

David L

Quote from: Nick on March 09, 2022, 03:24:27 PMPutin should just say he's accomplished all his goals and withdraw. It's the only get out he has.
I'm sure that's what most people would like to happen but at this point I think he may have more options than Ukraine/NATO

Slim

The sanctions have gone further than I thought they would; not really healthy having a huge society isolated like that. Even the MacDonalds / Coke / Spotify / Facebook deprivation etc must be causing some internal pressure based on their effect on ordinary individuals, let alone the banking / commercial measures.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

Quote from: Slim on March 09, 2022, 04:42:26 PMThe sanctions have gone further than I thought they would; not really healthy having a huge society isolated like that. Even the MacDonalds / Coke / Spotify / Facebook deprivation etc must be causing some internal pressure based on their effect on ordinary individuals, let alone the banking / commercial measures.

I agree and it will only get worse as any Western companies left in Russia will have to leave now or be forever seen as pariahs.

David L

I think the Ukrainians are getting more desperate to bring the west into the war. Something looks weird about the maternity hospital attack in Mariupol. That's a big building, completely wrecked - three dead? No curtains at any windows and no sign of fresh bedding or medical equipment. Probably not in use.....as a hospital anyway
BBC are wetting themselves

dom

I see Chelsea's assets have been frozen.

Tory party next? 😂

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: David L on March 10, 2022, 07:23:21 AMI think the Ukrainians are getting more desperate to bring the west into the war. Something looks weird about the maternity hospital attack in Mariupol. That's a big building, completely wrecked - three dead? No curtains at any windows and no sign of fresh bedding or medical equipment. Probably not in use.....as a hospital anyway
Yup. It had been cleared out by the Azov Battalion, so they could attack glorious Russian liberators.

https://www.rt.com/russia/551620-mariupol-maternity-hospital-bombing/

David L

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on March 10, 2022, 01:05:26 PM
Quote from: David L on March 10, 2022, 07:23:21 AMI think the Ukrainians are getting more desperate to bring the west into the war. Something looks weird about the maternity hospital attack in Mariupol. That's a big building, completely wrecked - three dead? No curtains at any windows and no sign of fresh bedding or medical equipment. Probably not in use.....as a hospital anyway
Yup. It had been cleared out by the Azov Battalion, so they could attack glorious Russian liberators.

https://www.rt.com/russia/551620-mariupol-maternity-hospital-bombing/

No! You must believe the BBC! Reported in MSM:

Dr Oleksandra Scherbet, a neurologist from Lusk, said "A lot of women, newborns and medical staff were killed - this has to be stopped. It's horrible"

Perhaps the evidence will emerge later  :-\

Nickslikk2112

Truth, it's a Moving Target - unlike the Sov Convoy heading for Kiev.

Rufus_the_dawg

Putin makes me want to vomit, ive seen tougher candy floss than Putin sitting behind his table like scared rabbit.

Letting his army kill innocent people, disgusting man.

Rufus_the_dawg

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on March 10, 2022, 02:40:42 PMTruth, it's a Moving Target - unlike the Sov Convoy heading for Kiev.

There is a theory that the convoy was set up to see if NATO would attack it.

David L

Quote from: Rufus_the_dawg on March 10, 2022, 02:44:01 PMLetting his army kill innocent people, disgusting man.
Indeed but we've let our army kill innocent people.........quite recently too