Main Menu

Eurovision 2023

Started by Slim, May 11, 2023, 12:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Matt2112 on May 14, 2023, 12:17:46 AMSo, the winning song. 

Very much like the synth sounds which are lifted from Trance music; they should have taken that and ran with it and made it a pumping Trance song outright.  Admittedly, that may have adversely affected its chances of winning.

But as it is, it never actually seems to get going. 5/10

It's depressing how much of our current pop music content is probably sketched together in Ableton Live in a matter of minutes. I still love synths, but they never quite capture the magic of the 80s artists who used them. Maybe it's because they had first dibs on the emerging digital instruments. Some great dance music later on granted but these days it seems to be just loop based half-hearted gloop.

pxr5

The songs last night were distinctly average at best, with only a few that were raised above the norm. For me: Serbia, Italy, Belgium. France and Spain were the worst, bordering on unlistenable. The UK effort was quite weak and her voice wasn't good. We deserved to be a bit higher, but definitely on the right of the scoreboard.

I thought the whole show was really well executed and the hosts very good. I noticed too world-wide voting. Maybe it'll be opened up to everyone and we ultimately end up with a world song contest. Imagine how cheesy that could be.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."