Competitive Cycling

Started by Nickslikk2112, June 16, 2023, 09:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

Yes, well done MvdP.
Well done Fem van Empel and well done Zoe Backstedt.

Best race was probably the women's junior as the top three were all in contention until the last few hundred yards.

Nickslikk2112

Remco's back! He's hit the ground cycling too, 50km solo breakaway to win the Figueira Champions Classic

Thenop

Yes very nice, let's see how he shapes up this year. He's not doing the Giro (Pog will take that one) so the Tour should be interesting...

Nickslikk2112

WvA's back - as a lead out man for Olav Kooij...

Nasty crash at the end of that race.

Nickslikk2112

Classics season underway now. Visma Leaseabike carrying on like Jumbo Visma, Jan Tratnik and WvA picking up wins.

Thenop

Pogi running rampage doing an 80k solo in Strade Bianchi.

Also heard the commentators say last years' epic battles between Pogi, MvdP and WvA will be limited to only 3 races this year as they all choose different ones. Which is sad, it makes it again more predictable. 

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Thenop on March 02, 2024, 04:18:07 PMPogi running rampage doing an 80k solo in Strade Bianchi.

Also heard the commentators say last years' epic battles between Pogi, MvdP and WvA will be limited to only 3 races this year as they all choose different ones. Which is sad, it makes it again more predictable. 
They've all got different aims this year unfortunately.

Good to see Pogi keep his word and attack with 80km to go though and look as if he's enjoying it too!
Not too bad for Pidcock coming in 4th, but I think his aims are different this year and he's still undercooked.

I want to go to Siena.

Thenop

Both Tirreno and Paris Nice won by Visma - Lease A Bike (VLaB?), impressive show of force this early one.

Nickslikk2112

Not got round to watching Tirreno Adriatico yet, but Lizard Lips Vingegaard is a few steps above the rest already. VLaB mist have kept the JV special sauce. Roglic certainly looks like he's missing it and Matteo Jorgenson is liking it now he's on it.

Watched the women's Ronde van Drenthe after Paris-Nice, Lorena Wiebe's getting her fourth consecutive win. Enjoyed seeing Puck Pieterse come in third. I'm missing Cyclo Cross.

Nickslikk2112

Wow! That was some finish to Milan - San Remo. So many people coiuld have won that, Pidcock came close yet didn't even get a top 10.

A grudging well done to Jasper Philipsen (don't like his face), well done Bling and a first podium for Pogi.

Thenop

Missed it entirely, was in the rehearsal room, but read it just now. I guess the Alpecin boys will run riot this spring season.

Nickslikk2112

And it came down to a photo-finish after 288km. Alaphilippe in the top 10 too, maybe that'll shut Lefevre up for a minute.

Thenop

Photo finish win for Lorena Wiebes, great race for her.

MvdP 2nd after Pedersen after winning the E3 last Friday. The new season is on!

Nickslikk2112

And Fred Wright came 20th in the E3 and 21st in Gent-Wevelgem. Consistent riding by the British champ.

Lars Craps improved from 100th in the E3 to 79th today.

I'll presume that Pogi won the Volta Ciclista a Catalunya. Nice to see Bernal coming back to some sort of decent form.

Thenop

Pogi won indeed after 4 day wins :o